Sector VAT Issues
The common theme from our corporate clients is that they are seeking experienced and expert VAT support from advisers they can relate to and trust. Centurion employs only senior level staff with a wealth of VAT knowledge and experience. Our team deal directly with their clients from the start to the end of a project or issue. There are no “junior” VAT team members to whom your care is delegated.
Our corporate client base is diverse as are the range of often complicated VAT issues that our clients seek support upon. Large manufacturing business often have concerns about VAT and their accounting processes including Making VAT Digital (MVD), input tax recovery on costs including evidence, expenses and entertainment, liability and compliance issues on imports and exports, international trade transactions, intercompany recharges and VAT grouping. Equally we deal with issues from the liability of the supplies the business may make, property projects, corporate restructuring and partial exemption methodologies.
Given our experience, our corporate clients often ask for our assistance in preparing for HMRC VAT inspections and dealing with queries, issues and VAT assessments that arise from them. For some clients we also offer a VAT management service which involves regular meetings to help ensure the business keeps good VAT compliance, can address any concerns or issues and knows of any relevant VAT opportunities.
How Centurion can help
There is no such thing as a typical VAT enquiry as these examples show:
- resolving the zero rating of products from a food supplements business with HMRC;
- securing a six figure VAT refund for a client as a result of an agent or principal discussion with HMRC VAT Policy team;
- Dealing with an “option to tax” confusion just as a Directors SIP Fund is about to buy a capital asset that they find the vendor wants to charge VAT on - just as a sale contract is to be signed;
- Challenging HMRC’s visiting VAT inspector over threats of large scale VAT assessment on export evidence issues and assisting in the resolution of any VAT assessment that has been issued by HMRC in relation to export evidence;
- Checking systems data from SAP to assist in the accurate submission of Intrastat returns;
Whatever the corporate business issue, the award winning Centurion VAT team is here to assist. With long and invaluable experience in HMRC, Industry and Practice we can help and advise.