Sector VAT Issues
The common theme from our corporate clients is that they are seeking experienced and expert VAT support from advisers they can relate to and trust. Centurion employs only senior level staff with a wealth of VAT knowledge and experience. Our team deal directly with their clients from the start to the end of a project or issue. There are no “junior” VAT team members to whom your care is delegated.
Our corporate client base is diverse as are the range of VAT issues that they seek support upon. Large manufacturing business often have concerns over challenges from HMRC in respect of their accounting processes around Export evidence but equally we deal with issues from the liability of the supplies the business may make, property projects, corporate restructuring and partial exemption methodologies.
How Centurion can help
There is no such thing as a typical VAT enquiry as these examples show:
- resolving the zero rating of products from a food supplements business with HMRC;
- securing a six figure VAT refund for a client as a result of an agent or principal discussion with HMRC VAT Policy team;
- Dealing with an “option to tax” confusion just as a Directors SIP Fund is about to buy a capital asset that they find the vendor want to charge VAT on - just as a sale contract is to be signed;
- Challenging HMRC’s visiting VAT inspector over threats of large scale VAT assessment on export evidence issues;
- Checking systems data from SAP to assist in the accurate submission of Intrastats;
Whatever the corporate business issue, the award winning Centurion VAT team is here to assist - it's been great to see our quality of service recognised not just in the Taxation Award category BEST UK VAT Team which we won in 2013 but also in the Wealth & Finance INTL’s 2015 Finance Awards as the Best Boutique VAT Consultancy Firm - UK.